Sunday, March 27, 2011

Community

Christian
Kingdom (of God) community is different from other communities which are supposedly tolerant, welcoming and loving. The thing that makes Kingdom community set apart is a premise of absolute, namely a person, God Almighty. When we base our relationships on a thing called love, instead of a person who is Love, we float in the abstract and love becomes subjective and about how we feel, as opposed to what we do and why we are doing it.

What sparked this has been the a journey over the past two years. I have more or less run around looking for people to meet my emotions and give me attention. The problem is that I have gone to the people who are doing the same thing, which are people who are not Kingdom-minded. Something that struck me in the last couple of days is that people who give to each other, receive from each other. I need to go to my friends, and give them attention, love them in action. And surprise, guess what? I will have friends. I have to take the initiative. That is love, and I will be blessed. Seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added.

And finally, this is a continual state. I must never stop. This is not an advent of giving, and being other-centered. This is not a once a week activity, or a daily task.

It is...
Worship to God
Celebration of God
Reflection of God
Mindset
Approach
Freedom
Joy

If loving others does not look like this, than you are working too hard. If you think loving people is hard, then you are in the wrong. I used to buy the idea that loving others is hard. Then I denied myself, gave myself up, and actually looked to the needs of others, as opposed to "looking to the needs of others," with myself in focus. As I already said, this has to be all the time, you can't allow yourself to come back into focus. This also requires continual communication with God, which is also other-centered, by the way. It is only a struggle when you hold onto yourself, because it becomes a balancing-act, which is dangerous, and you feel like a clown who hates his job but is stuck in the circus.

king·dom

noun \ˈkiŋ-dəm\

Definition of KINGDOM

1
archaic : kingship
2
: a politically organized community or major territorial unit having a monarchical form of government headed by a king or queen
3
often capitalizeda : the eternal kingship of Godb : the realm in which God's will is fulfilled
4
a : a realm or region in which something is dominantb : an area or sphere in which one holds a preeminent position
5
a : one of the three primary divisions into which naturalobjects are commonly classified — compare animal kingdom,mineral kingdom, plant kingdomb : a major category (as Plantae or Protista) in biological taxonomy that ranks above the phylum and below the domain

2 comments:

  1. Tim, this is awesome...it is meat & not milk!
    Thoroughly and painfully delicious.
    Thanks for posting.
    I feel like I've just come from Woodgrill buffet!
    Every good thing to ya!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete