Exposition:
I have been getting home about this time for the past few nights this week. The first night of this pattern, I felt a small desire to read my Bible and turn on some slaying worship music. I turned on...

I was overwhelmed by a sense of joy!

I was laying in bed by the way, in ecstasy.

and before I could even get to Bible Gateway..

I was overwhelmed by a sense of joy!
Of Peace!
Of Love!
I couldn't keep my eyes open, or keep from smiling !

So the last few nights I have been coming home around two and getting in the Word and it has been so refreshing

also, I anticipated this week to be pretty tragic

but it has been so smooth, and Spring break is practically here..
MY POINT: Junk Food Junkie
I came home tonight, and I grabbed some Cheez-Its and was going to read Mere Christianity.
Then it hit me!
Reading Christian books is like junk food. It will do the job, but it isn't particularly healthy.
Reading the Bible will be completely nourishing, because there is less direct opinion on the matter, except for what the Holy Spirit instructs.
I realized that I am a junkie. I typically read a lot of Christian literature, but don't read nearly as much Bible.
Now it is 2:42.. Time to eat some real spiritual food.
No comments:
Post a Comment