Friday, July 31, 2009

Surprises

Ex. 4:10-17

It is amazing how Moses tries to back out of the call of God. I want to judge and say that he is taking a major risk by declining God, and directly at that. But then again, I decline all of the time. Not only that, I have more of a connection through the Holy Spirit, yet I decline. Unlike us, however, Moses never questions whether it is the LORD speaking to him. My problem is wanting to decipher whether it is myself or God who is speaking to me. I have to remember that God will make a way for things to work for good, as long as I continue to love Him. He did for Moses. It is shocking to me, and makes me rethink. The scripture says “The anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses…”, and we want to assume He strikes Moses dead, or gives him a wretched disease. But instead, God points out Moses' brother Aaron. God gives Moses assistance. He doesn’t replace Moses, but secures him. Moses is given strength in his weakness. In addition, the idea of relationship as in the Trinity is represented, because Aaron, Moses, and God work as one voice although each is a different person. Beautiful Passage.

No comments:

Post a Comment