Spiritually, assuming that children in the womb have souls, what happens to aborted babies?
Do they go to heaven or hell?
I think most would automatically assume Heaven, but the reasoning is faulty. Typically the belief is that God wouldn't let an innocent child go to Hell... but is the child innocent? Morally, yes. But spiritually? I don't know. I would venture to say no, because all mankind is sinful. Also, since salvation is by faith, and the child cannot believe because it hasn't had the chance. It is an unbeliever and thus will face the wrath of God. Now this is a hard pill to swallow, and you may disagree with me, but let me hear your objections.
Life is valuable because God gives it. Life is also valuable because it gives man a chance to believe, and be saved.
I am just throwing a question out there. But getting back to fighting abortion. It may seem, to the critic, that we are trying to prohibit God from taking a life, as it is his place to do. However, God has mandated us to support life.. God can work around us, against us and for us at the same time... Oh and still love us.
But we should fight for the millions of lost souls. Abortion is part of the wide path that leads to Hell.
This is where I stand.. for now.. let me hear what you think. It is a sad thing, that so many are lost.
Just a thought for the sake of argument. Some say we are born into sin, others say no...both use the Bible as their backing.
ReplyDeleteMy question is, if a child is not yet born, is it subject to the same spiritual laws? This is a tough issue: if this is true that an unborn child goes to hell, then it is also true that born children who die early will go to hell, as they have similar "inabilities" to accept the gift of salvation.
Whether heaven or hell, they will all go before judgement first. They will be judged based on the truth revealed to them. In that case, what do you think the verdict would be?
I know i am late in responding to this.. however I was going to throw this in there originally, but decided it would be too complicated.
ReplyDeleteI know salvation isn't based on works, but on faith, thus it doesn't matter how long you live for Christ. However it isn't just a knowledge of the authority of Christ and his redemption that precedes salvation, because the demons know this and shutter. On the other hand, demons are spiritual eternal beings thus they are "frozen" in their rebellion, like Satan who can never change. (If he was human, I believe he would have a chance at salvation).
To answer your question, and this goes for all situations, despite the fact that this is more direct (or obvious)-it boils down to election. Once conceived, they are flesh, so I think they will be held by the laws of the flesh. Sin is not what we do, but who we are, so at an early or unborn age, i think they are sinful.
But I don't know if all will be saved or some....
John 9:39-41 and Luke 12:47 may shed some light on the proposed question. John says; "...if ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth." When he speaks of being "blind", it says to me that they were unaware of their sin. Unable to see that what they were doing, how they were living, was wrong. In other words, they didn't know better. Once he tells the Pharisees that "...we see; therefore your sin remaineth", he is telling them that once they become aware of their wrong doings, once they KNOW they've sinned... that is the point that they become accountable.
ReplyDeleteThe verse in Luke says: "...but he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes". This tells me that the man in reference did something wrong, but was unaware of it. His punishment would be light.
Infants, whether born or unborn, have no way of knowing about their sin. As, I would argue, are those afflicted by mental handicaps and those that never hear the word of God. It was a mere few months ago (or seems like it anyway) that a new tribe of people was discovered somewhere in South America. If these people had never been discovered, they could have never heard the word of God (unless you're a Mormon, in THAT case Jesus went and preached to them after his resurrection....... ANYWAY...) If they had never heard the word of God, can they be held accountable? Can they be sent to Hell for not believing in someone they didn't know existed? I believe that the above verses say no. I think these people are granted acceptance into Heaven, just like someone who is washed in the blood.