Christ blood is the rivers of life (I'm not sure how that is grammatically). He shed his blood that we may receive life. He donated blood. We had a blood transfusion, and now live in Christ. It is His life, blood, that sustains us.
I haven't painted in years. However, on Christmas I painted a picture of a Cross that has a crown of thorns, and nail holes. The cross is red with blood. At the base of the Cross is a stream of blood. There is grass all around the stream. Away from the blood is a desert.
This is really cool Tim. I've led worship for about 8 years and really believe in the importance of Christians bringing (offering) their talents to God as acts of worship.
ReplyDeleteI have a video of a Worship Arts presentation I did with a painter friend of mine. I led worship while he painted. He got a 6 foot sheet of plexiglass and put it up across 2 easels. As I led various worship songs from the piano, he let God move him to paint an image. Since it was plexiglass, he was facing the congregation. The church could see just about every brush stroke he made (as opposed to painting on canvas with his back to them.)
Anyway...there was a particular time in the service where I was singing a Matt Redman song "Once Again."
Part of the first verse:
Jesus Christ, I think upon Your sacrifice
You became nothing, poured out to death...
And the chorus:
Once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You,
Once again I pour out my life
As I looked over at Mike (the painter) he was just standing there 'watching' the painting. I couldn't figure out what he was doing, but I kept singing. I looked into the congregation and there were many people with tears just streaming down their faces. I knew something was happening...God was moving...
Later when we watched the video we were blown away. Keep in mind, this is on a 6 foot wide "canvas". On one end of the glass he had painted a hill with a cross on top and some grassy area underneath it. Toward the bottom of the hill, the grass faded and the other 3/4 of the painting was a desert. Mike had begun to paint the sky like a sunset or sunrise image. He's not sure if he mixed his paint right, but the image that caught everyone's eye was this:
He had used a red paint and made brush strokes across the entire top of the glass. As he was going to get another color to start blending he looked up and all the red began to drip down from the top of the canvas. Huge drops ran down the plexiglass and from the video (and apparently the congregation) it looked as blood. There were about 12-14 single drip lines and he said he almost fell backward watching it. It was such a solemn, holy moment. When you described the picture you painted it reminded me of this!
thats awesome
ReplyDelete