Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas thought

so this really isn't a thought about christmas but something I was thinking about today. my dad was talking about how one can gain salvation at the end of his life and one can be saved his entire life. as i contemplate this, i have three thoughts.  

1. My flesh is jealous. why do i have to struggle the Christian walk and another can live how they want, and spend eternity in heaven. 
2. Salvation is not based on works, but on grace. It doesn't matter how long you are saved before you die because you don't need time to  earn your salvation. 
3. In the grand scheme of things, life is so short. Salvation has so much to do with eternity. When I look at the big picture i see that both he and i will enjoy the same Glory. And this is what salvation is all about.. enjoying God for eternity. So by the grace of God, I will set my heart to do that, and he will fulfill my desire.  


No comments:

Post a Comment